Drive for ELI
join a team that’s moving the world foward
At ELI you have the opportunity to become part of a fast-paced, growing company where you can make an impact and create your own success. Our team goes above and beyond to make sure our drivers receive the best benefits, care, and tools necessary to stay safe on the road.
Endless opportunities start here.
Have questions? Reach out to recruiting at 850-702-9224 ext. 161.
- CDL Class A Valid commercial driver’s license.
- 1-year minimum amount of experience required.
- At least 23 years of age.
- No DUI’s in last 7 years.
- Maximum moving violations restrictions for the past 3 years: 3
- Maximum Preventable accidents restrictions past 3 years: 3
Driver Job Description:
- Van, flatbed and reefer freight.
- Inspection of truck and trailer before each trip. Any and all defects must be reported to management. Any damage done to equipment during trip must be reported as soon as possible.
- Submit a report of any defects with the truck or trailer.
- Making sure the load is strapped and secured before each trip. The load must not be hauled if not secured properly.
- Delivery of loads on time. Call in to dispatch if behind schedule.
- The Bill of Lading must be signed by the customer at all times whenever possible.
- Notify the dispatcher when time off is required.
- Maintaining records to comply with State and Federal regulations.
- Driver E-Logs
- Report to the dispatcher:
- Any delays due to breakdown, traffic, and or weather.
- Report to Operation Manager:
- Any breakdowns, flat tires, vehicle malfunctions, and damage resulting from the wreck.
- Report to the Safety Department
- Any accidents involving driver and company equipment
- Ensure shipping papers match loads and specific delivery locations.
- Driving trucks to specified locations in accordance with Federal Regulations.
- Driving hours, breaks, and off-duty time must be in accordance with Federal Regulations.
- Be a team player. Always treat other drivers with respect.
- The driver must fasten the seatbelt at any time vehicle is in motion/ in use.
- The driver shall never text, surf the web, or use any application that requires the use of hands while the vehicle is moving or in use.
- The driver should have a properly working Bluetooth headset.
- ELI will pull driver MVRs at least yearly.
- ELI will conduct random drug tests while the company employs the driver. Every driver will be subject to pre-employment drug test.
- The driver shall never operate the motor vehicle while alcohol-impaired.
- The driver will be bound to all FMCSA motor vehicle rules while employed by ELI.
Elberta Logistics International, LLC
1682 Metropolitan Circle
Tallahassee, FL 32308